Introducing Nokia Bubbles - A fun and efficient way to unlock your phone and get to what mattersFri, 2011-02-04 13:27
Written by Pauli Asikainen
Bubbles is a fun and efficient way to take a shortcut to timely or useful things on your phone. Bubbles appears when you press the "Apps" key while your device is in sleep mode (instead of the black screen with clock and unlock button). Simply grab a bubble and drag it to one of the available drop points to initiate the corresponding action.
There are bubbles available for the following actions.
- Unlock the phone
- View new messages
- View/Respond to missed calls
- Control the music player
- Control the FM radio
- Change profile (profile timing also supported)
- Call/Message your three best friends
- Activate the backlight to use as a flashlight
- Show your current location using Ovi Maps
- Change the background of the Bubbles screen
- Display when battery needs charging
- Display statistics about bubble speed and distance (just for fun)
When I invented the bubbles concept (with my friend Sami) the idea was to have a fun way to unlock the phone. After some thinking it was obvious that bubbles can be used for many other purposes and at the same time have some fun things on your screen. Throwing the bubbles around was one of the first things we did with them. And when you have some event you want to respond to it is very easy and fast to do so.
We would like to know what you think about the Bubbles application. Please try it out and give us feedback and if you have any ideas how bubbles could be enhanced or ideas about new bubbles please tell us that also.
Thanks & have fun.